Do I have an eating disorder?
This exercise has been designed to help you better understand the signs and symptoms of an eating disorder. Answering the following questions may help you recognize if you or someone you know is suffering from an eating disorder.
- Do you find yourself spending a lot of time thinking about food, body image and/or caloric intake?
- Do you have trouble eating with friends and/or family members?
- Do you feel guilty after you eat?
- Do you think you are fat, even though people tell you you're thin?
- Do you feel uncomfortable eating at restaurants or in public places?
- Do you hoard food or eat only in private?
- Do you exercise to burn off calories and not for enjoyment?
- Do you ever feel out of control when you are eating?
- Do you constantly worry about the weight, shape or size of your body?
- Do you ever make yourself vomit after consuming food?
- Do you weigh yourself more than once a day or after meals?
- Do you ever abuse laxatives, diuretics and/or diet pills?
- Do you constantly calculate numbers of fat grams, carbohydrates or calories?
- Do you feel like your identity and value is based on how you look or how much you weigh?
Many people will answer "yes" to one or more of these, but if you're concerned about your eating patterns, and whether or not you may have an eating disorder, the best thing to do is speak with someone. Please call (866) 771-0861, or click here for additional contact information.
Locations and Inquiry Forms
We are here to help you find the best type of treatment. Select the inquiry form for the location you are interested in and set up a free assessment with one of our Admissions Clinicians.