"My compliments to the Eating Disorder Center of Denver for their professional work with one of our patients. The staff were very prompt and organized in setting up an appointment. Also, patient and family were very pleased with their treatment and were professional, all matters were handled. I will definitely refer to the center again.”
- Susan Traywick, Park Hill Assisted Living Residence
Eating disorders are unique to each person. We have treatment options that are unique as well.
The scope of care for eating disorder patients depends on the individual and their severity level. At Eating Disorder Center of Denver, we have five levels of treatment that serve most eating disorder patients:
- Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) – Our highest level of care for patients diagnosed with an acute eating disorder. This highly structured program includes therapy and therapeutic activities 10 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Binge Eating Disorder (BED) Program - An integrative program with services specific to the BED subgroup of eating disorder patients. This program is a 10-week intervention model (21 PHP days, 37 IOP days) that utilizes multiple levels of care.
- Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) – A step down from PHP. Patients transition to some eating on their own and some time away from the center. This program is approximately four hours each day.
- BRIDGE Evening Intensive Outpatient Program (BRIDGE EIOP) – For patients who require more than outpatient therapy to treat their eating disorder. This program is considered a “transitional” level and includes therapy four evenings per week (includes meals) for 10 weeks.
- Outpatient Service/Aftercare and Support Groups – Offers a more personal connection than a support group can provide. Therapists, registered dietitians and psychiatrists provide the necessary support to maintain health and recovery.
The level of treatment you need is dependent on the severity of your situation. Click on the treatment levels to the left or above to learn more about each treatment program.